Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I Feel Good!

I Feel Good, NanananaNa!

Last week, it was my turn for presentation. My group was the first to present. We did it ok ok, and there’s one group is seriously not bad. I named the group leader Max ( since his name starts with M ).

After some time, it was his turn. He made his presentation very nice. Including his attire.

And as you can see our attire today, it is what we have in the theme,” As he turned to face his group members, none of them were wearing the theme’s colour like what he has mentioned. He continued his presentation. It was a minimum requirement whereby each group must send at least 2 presenters and guess what he has done? One man show. Fine.

After the presentation, my lecturer gave a comment to him. “You are a bit selfish huh? You didn’t introduce your own group members but only yourself.

Well, of course, tonnes of complements followed after the criticism.

The first time I see Max, I got a feeling. YOU ARE SUCKY MAX! These were all last week’s happening.

Today, he was not in sight. Others presented well and things went on smoothly. Until the last group, after presentation, he appeared in the Q & A session ( to see his coursework marks as well ).

Why is this … Why is that … I don’t see anything there in your slides regarding your topic…..” Max started to asked lots of questions towards the presenters of last group. I can see the anxious look in the presenters. The bombardment went on and the session ends.

Everyone, please stay back. I have a few announcement to make.” After making a few announcements, “This is actually what I want to share with you guys today.” Everyone listened tentatively.

“Like all of us know, there are people who are superb and superior among us in public speaking. Why is it a must for you to show that you are so much superior than others and you need to shoot and bombard people that way? In UTAR, there’s no Number One, Number Two or Number Three. There’s only President’s List and Dean’s List.

So why is it that you want to make others feel bad, getting low marks while you yourself, feeling so good, getting marks that are so much higher than others? You actually feel nice?

This is the scenario that I see. We are only coursemates and we are not enemy. We are not rivals and so, why do you have to make life difficult for other people? All I asked is, we should help each other during this kind of presentation. Instead of bombarding unanswerable questions, why don’t you ask some questions that can be answered by the presenting team, so that they can gain some marks there as well? What’s wrong with helping others that way? Why must make people feel difficult?

That’s all I want to say. You may dismiss now.”

Once I finished speaking, people applauded. There was a kind of honour that I’ve never felt. I actually voiced out people’s voice! I felt like I’ve won an election, just by speaking something less than 2 minutes.

Of course, again, I don’t know if he knows that I’m actually talking about him. But the people know, for sure.

You might ask, why am I doing so. Now, here are the explanations:

  1. Max, I don’t like you when I first saw you. You just too selfish.
  2. Have you ever feel any failure or disappointment in your life Max? This is actually what you are giving to the people.
  3. Have you actually help others, in anyway? Anyway.
  4. Have you ever consider what kind of impact you’ve given to other’s confidence? How much you’d hurt them? Did you KNOW?
  5. You seriously KiaSu Max.
  6. You suck bad. Real bad.

Some of you might ask me, have I ever think of the consequences on him, when I do this “open-shooting” in front of this crowd? Have I ever thought that I might hurt him?

YES, I DO!

In my opinion, this kind of people needs a lesson. They only look highly into themselves, and call themselves, PREFECTIONIST. You call these sucky attitudes PREFECT huh?

And I got a song for you Max.

I feel GOOD, NanananaNa! I know that I would! NanananaNa!

I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel GOOD! NanananaNa! Like sugar and spice.

So GOOD! So GOOD! I GOT YOU! Na! Na! Na! YEAH!

Serve you right, Max! Hope you learn how to respect others better and not to put yourself too high! It's hurt isn't it, falling from your own grace?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenny, seriously tell you ..
really glad that you stand up to say something we all felt (at least what I felt) ..
it's some honour that you should be proud of from us ..
the Max (finally I know we're talking about the same person) is really over the limits ~~
shouldn't have make our uni-mates so hard to get off the stage ~
we've already felt so bad after been 'shoot' by Ms. C ..
then by him 'shooting' Q that's hard for them ..
Max never think of the impact that may cause to others ..
really damn selfish ..
hope he really understand and know that the words you gave is for his own good also ...
noone is perfect in this world , especially we're here to learn ..
learn from our mistake ..
we must help each other to gain knowledge and to gain friendship ~~

*cheers for Kenny*

kakaka ..

I know you're happy for your speech la ..
don;t get carried away too ..
study hard for the FINALS !!
GAMBATEH ~~

Anonymous said...

hahaha! thanks alot ya! gnabade in ur final wo!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha that's a good one there. You really do have some leadership qualities hehe!

Anyways, I hope that he will be able to take it as a lesson, and not hold a meaningless grudge, like many would. Hopefully this is a good wake up call for him, although I suspect that with his mentality, he would not be able to see the bigger picture and still stuck in his little world. Well, that's just opinion :)

Anyways, good luck for your exams and all!

Anonymous said...

I know you're proud that you voiced out your concerns and all but I hope you're not too proud at it because in a way, you can't live in criticizing others. Not that he isn't doing the same thing.

Anonymous said...

to little:-
hahah! thanks alot!

to jx:-
haha! I think he did learn something this time. hopefully. and thanks alot! train hard ar! gorilla training d!

to lw:-
haha! as expected from you. I might criticizing him and i know i will when he started to ask questions. Just dun like Kiasu ppl. I admit tht his one man show presentation is really superb. his marks confirm is there d. just that, why make it so difficult for people? i somehow regretted that I didn't shoot him on the first week itself. but anyway, thanks alot for that!

Xines Ooi said...

he kiasu let him be kiasu lor. he tought that he is perfect let him be lor. one day when he falls down, then he will know whether he is perfect or not. this type of people no need give face wan. i even see this kind of ppl before and once they drop, then just sing the song.

I feel GOOD, NanananaNa! I know that I would! NanananaNa!

I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel GOOD! NanananaNa! Like sugar and spice.

So GOOD! So GOOD! I GOT YOU! Na! Na! Na! YEAH!

hehehe...

Anonymous said...

hahaha! copy and paste one! lolz!

Anonymous said...

I was just trying to help others improve their skills by asking questions.............

Then you criticized me in front of everyone. I got low marks because of you.

Fuck you kenny !

Xines Ooi said...

do you think that you are trying to help others improve their skills by asking questions?

realise yourself before asking this thing...people who always tend to blame other whilist they dont realise theirself has no right to help other people and i dont think people will appreciate your that "kind thingy" of help...

Anonymous said...

hahaha! dun worry kavume, the Max i think is a pretender. LOLz! if u are really max, why don't u tell the whole world ur name, right here? haha! u must be someone tht just drop by to kacau onli lar!

as for kavume, thanks for the support! Love you guys! remember to do gathering again ya, but after may can ar? cos I after 9th june onli free. thanks! ^^,

Anonymous said...

oh ya... and if u are really max, u won't get low marks. Your presentation is very good! impossible u get low marks! ahaha!

thanks for entertaining "Max", whoever u are!

Anonymous said...

The instructor decided to punish me by giving me low marks...... all caused by your stupid little announcement.

Thanks a lot, kenny.

And I am max, why would I pretend ?

THANKS A LOT.

Anonymous said...

haha! ok ok! good one! so, who's the instructor's name? and wat's ur real name max?



p/s: u are a friend of mine and i know tht. I know that you are under exam stress as well. anyway, ganbatte! haha! do ur best wo!

ThE L3nG said...

LOL.. i only feel good when u treated me McFlurry.. Da-na-nana-nana-na!!!! =D

THX KENNY!! =X

Anonymous said...

to b!rd:-

eh? this is bird ar? u got blogspot also???

Anonymous said...

this is not a thing to cheer actually.ur helping the weak and the weak will cheer for u.but do u know what is his intention??
he is trying to point out what his fellow uni-mates have done wrong.but ur trying to help them cover their mistakes and let them continue to be weak.who has the integrity to point it out except him..yes he is a bit selfish u may say but at least he has the right to say it out lout as he is really great in almost everything.there is no need to make a public announcement cause ur making a fool of urself by doing so.even there are those weaks cheer for u.
anyway just wanna let u know,its not right to judge ppl like that. as u say nobody is perfect

Anonymous said...

There is nothing to nothing to feel so good or be proud off by telling a person off in public like that .
Max is trying to point out the mistakes his fellow classmates have done in the presentation.
He may have been a little harsh but I'm guessing he has a good intention.
By telling him off like this in public you are merely just covering up for the weak and not helping them improve themselves.
They may have not done too well this time, but think about it...if they do actually listen to what Max have pointed out to them they will probably do much better the next time!
Think about it carefully...

Related Posts with Thumbnails