Tuesday, June 12, 2007

ButTeRcUp's 31 Days In Camp

Yeap! I'm finally back! I know you all miss my blog rite? Haha! Come come! Everybody follow me :" ButTeRcUp, we MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!"

Thanks peeps!


Well, this blog will be full with point form of notes, which is actually not nice to read. But if you want to know what happened to me during the camp, read on!


p/s: All these are written from day to day. Of course, with some modification, I present you my blog in camp!


Day 1 - 6177123

  • Got into Regimen 515 AW and got my army number, 6177123.
  • Took lunch there and it sucks bad. Vege sucks bad.
  • Sergeant Karim keep on making jokes but no one laughed at his jokes.
  • My platoon got the worst room. No electricity in the toilets, no fan and lights in the rooms.
  • Shaved my head, "nombor satu".

Day 2 - This Is Recruit!


  • Picked for "catuan" - collect raw food/materials from a Semboyan (army communication center) nearby.
  • I who rarely go into kitchen was assigned to do kitchen job today. Luckily not cooking, else, no food for today!
  • Gave us stupid seminar. Real bored seminar.
  • Motivation talk at night, kind of interesting.
  • Malay power craze trying to takeover in meeting, trying to get high position. Lucky thing, Chinese stand among the tops.
  • Almost 48 hours didn't bath till now.

Day 3 - Mentally Shaken

  • It's only 3rd day and my mental has started to shaken.
  • Longest jungle trekking in my life, as long as 9 hours.
  • Almost died twice, both at cliffs.
  • Back to camp, everyone took 3 pils to prevent Malaria and so on.

Day 4 - Fallen & Arising

  • I can sense that my mental has finally fallen.
  • Talked to my senior. He advised me not to give up and hang in there just a few days more.
  • I listened to him and I will.
  • Hell is arising. Punishment started and the first to kena is leng lui. How sad.
  • Wash room, polish boots, stitches uniform.... Long long night.

Day 5 - Lack Of Co-operation

  • Me and my comrades supposed to take turns to sleep. I slept first. They didn't wake me up in the midnight.
  • Lost a total of 2 hours and I gotta rush everything in 1 hour.

Day 6 - Chill

  • Bath at 3am. It was so so so so so cold. And I mean it.
  • Eyes can hardly open but still have to attend night class.
  • Got D for my Structural Biochemistry. One word, Re-Sit.

Day 7 - Only They Can Joke With You

  • Sergeant Karim was in charged for marching today. He joked with me. I joke (fooled) to him too.
  • Got a 5 knuckles push-ups.
  • First time firing M-16, with empty bullets.
  • First time listening to M-16 that close, so loud, so powerful, so destructive. I started to understand why people hate war.

Day 8 - 209

  • Today, everyone was assigned with their own weapon. My weapon number, 209.
  • Kawad Senjata is no fun at all. M-16, without bullets weights 2.95kg.
  • Learnt "Isyarat Medan" (Silent/Sign Language they call), interesting.
  • About 12, we got a 2 hours PT(exercise) and every 5 minutes, we change to different outfits. Why? Someone did not follow rules. Just imagine we running up and down and the distance is not near. My place is about 100m away from gathering point. Wearing boots is one of the main problem. So hard to wear and take off!
  • Really can die.
  • Will wake up at 4am to duty as night guard.


Day 9 - Overslept


  • Supposed to wake up at 0335 but woke up at 0430 and that is also, Corporal Tunizam that woke me up. I thought I'm dead meat but he was kind enough to let me go.
  • At this moment, 1527, waiting in rover (army's land rover) to go back Melati to get ready for Supp Paper.

Day 10 - Hesitated

  • Woke up at 0530, wondering if I should take the Supp. I took it at last.
  • Ate a lot of bananas, just like monkey.
  • Travel back to Kuala Kubu Bharu. Saw lots of hot chicks and leng luis on the way back!
  • Reached the bus station here around 1830 but no one came and fetch.... until 1948. It's a long long wait.


Day 11 - Long Waited Off Day

  • It's what we called "Pentadbiran" here.
  • No marching, nothing but we standby for anything that will come up anytime.
  • Family turned up in camp. Told them no need to come but they insisted. Ate some KFC. Really, just a little bit.
  • Jurulatih couldn't find any mistake in us all today. YAY!!!! Guess what, he punished us for nothing. But, we are all fine with that! IT'S FOR OUR OWN GOOD!

Day 12 - Amazing

  • Carried over 100kg on my back and ran uphill today. It was never easy.
  • Night time escape another punishment. All "kelambu"(a piece of cloth we use to seperate our matress with outer environment, to prevent mosquito) up!

Day 13 - Groovy.....

  • Someone came in at 0143 and asked if I see somebody. "No", I answered.
  • Went to report for duty at 0145.
  • 2 person lost and a search party was called. I joined in.
  • At 0157, I found both of them, sleeping at a staircase, and here's the funny thing. 7 people in the search party went to the place that I found them, but none of them saw them, EXCEPT me.
  • Very beautiful scenary from truck. Regretted that I didn't bring my Sony Ericsson.
  • Morning breeze is very very cold, hitting on every faces in the truck.
  • Passed by Melati Utama at 0750. Feel like going in there and say "hi" to my housemates.
  • Fired a total of 87 rounds of live rounds, compared to others, which only fired 47 rounds.
  • We learned auto fire whereby not every AW member before this had done. We are the lucky batch that get to learn that.
  • Left ear is currently deaf due to excessive exposure to gun fires.

Day 14- Pembantu Jurulatih

  • Got our loreng(army uniform with camouflage). I can "see" the Passing Out Day.
  • Took some photo with M-16.
  • During Tempur Tanpa Senjata (TTS, a.k.a. Taekwondo somehow), I became the pembantu jurulatih, like usual,... cehwah...
  • Seriously, for those who didn't learn any martial arts before this, it's actually too much of things for them to remember and practice! It's crazy!
  • That Captain's TTS is goot, not because of the skill but, the strength that he possessed. If you got one hit from him, confirm ICU.

Day 15 - Marching... Just Hate It

  • Today is just like 2 and a half day. I never like marching.
  • However, today Sergeant Zulkifrudin, chose me and the other 3 as representatives of our platoon to participate in marching competition. It's a burden to me cause I never like "kawad".
  • Plus, my left ear is not ok for listening to commands.
  • Pray for me ya! (Oppps, by the time you read this, I've already done with the competition!)

Day 16 - Hell Walk

  • One of the most tiring day. The marching competition, we started the earliest, ended the last.
  • We've never march before, the 12 of us but we are really the best out of the best, we march beautifully together. Still, I hate "kawad".
  • I'm just very proud of all of us.
  • Today we made a 8km fast walk. And this walk is really fast walk.
  • The CO pushed everyone too far and too hard.
  • A lot of people can't stand it and gave up on the way. Some of them fainted as well. It's really tough. This camp really train our mental here.
  • I RESPECT some of the girls here. Some of them can't do this physically but, they mentality bring them beyond what they can normally do! *Salute*
  • I realised how weak am I compared to the girls. I'm ashamed of myself!
  • Never again! I'll be strong! I am strong!
  • They gave us 22 hours off but now me, doing my duty as night guard, haven't bath and haven't sleep.

Day 17 - Medicine Day

  • Today we got to get out from camp to the small town in KKB but I can't go cause stucked with duties in camp.
  • Raining whole day long and don't know when my uniform will dry.
  • Don't know if later will get ubat or not because, everyone supposed to report back at 1800 but one didn't.
  • Reporting at 2316, that person was given his medicine around 1900, and another time during roll call, in front of everyone. Hope he realised his mistake.

Day 18 - Imbeciles


  • Sigh... Kena fitik kebersihan tempat makanan penuntut again.
  • Getting prepared mentally for next Wednesday.

  • Got people power craze, some more splash people with mud. Baga!!!!

Day 19 - Dulan + Happy Day



  • Stupid Malay pigs thought they are everything after getting positions. Know how they got those positions? Jurulatih!

  • I can't stand how they treat all of us, especiall Chinese!

  • Remember that power craze I mentioned? He tried to splash mud again, all I did was :" You splash one more time, I'll kill you!". Problem solved. Haha! Just imagine that you are wearing formal, totally clean, and this guy come and hentak kaki, everything is on your body. Nice?

  • Reporting at 2330. Hohohohohohoho! One of the Malay pig, who always disobey orders and misuse authority got his medicine just now. For so many times I advised him not to talk during roll call but he never listen. Serve you right!
  • I'm selected as Sergeant for 2nd Platoon for CIW. Corporal chose me and his reasoning :" Kamu banyak bercakap. Jadi Sarjan, ok?" (-_-)

Day 20 - "Paku"

  • Got stung by a bee at my hand because it think that I need a "paku" instead of 3 "V".
  • The "paku" here stands for Leftnenan Muda, Leftenan and Captain.
  • In the evening, really got my "Paku", promoted to Lieutenant.
  • It's now 0211 and I just finished packing bag. Roll call at 0600.

Day 21 - CIW

  • We made a 2km walk from jungle into town.
  • My platoon was the last (4th team) to get into the jungle but the 2nd to come out!
  • Thought can go back to base first but was sent directly into jungle.
  • My platoon has to flip over 2 hills while 1st platoon only 1. Our place is kinda terrible, with mud, steep hill and smelly place but platoon 1's just totally opposite.
  • Didn't get to finish building hammock (sleeping place, 2 feet above ground level) and decided to sleep on ground.
  • Unable to sleep. You can see, you can hear, you can feel thousands and thousands of mosquitoes and ants running all over your body. Didn't sleep today!

Day 22 - Welcome To Hell TTS

  • Captain made us do TTS at medan. Totally open air.
  • It's one of the toughest moment in my life. But it is really touching that everybody do it together, although very tired, no one gave up! It's really hot like hell out there and there's no shed, no water. Rest after rest promised by Captain Zul were not realised until last moment.
  • "Kawal malam" was cancelled because our trainer pity us. But, Demos took this opportunity to steal our weapon.
  • At first I didn't know that they started stealing weapons but due to my alertness, I saw them and I wore full gear to pursue them. But of course, I failed. They are just too good!
  • This is the first time I feel like a soldier, hunting and being hunted by people in the jungle, without specs, and definitely, without any source of light. Everything is dependent on my instinct, familiarity with the places and confidence.

Day 23 - Smelly And Dirty

  • We started our day off with 8 Maggi, 29 mouths.
  • Speed building and then, uproot of the hammock and prepared to go back to base.
  • Before going back, our trainer made us full of mud while the first platoon, clean.
  • Wash our weapons and got our day off.

Day 24 - Holiday.... Not!

  • Supposed to be holiday today but was ordered by Major Badar to build a "pondok pengawal".
  • We did it for hours under the sun but too hot and too tired, our trainer get us all to waterfall. We had a great time there.
  • Continued building it at 2100 and only managed to finished it at 0235.
  • Hopefully Sunday is a real holiday.
  • Chosen to be part of demo team for TTS. It's a real bad news.

Day 25 - Smelly

  • Again, supposed to be holiday but was assigned to kitchen, cut fish, beef and chickens. T_T
  • Preparing mentally and physically for the last hell!

Day 26 - CW

  • Off we go.
  • Headed to Bukit Botak and started our chapter defense, retreat and re-capture point.
  • With that helmet (topi besi, like those you see in war film), it's getting hot in here...
  • TTS at night till 2am. Damn tired!

Day 27 - Nice For Nothing

  • TTS from 1100 to 1300 at medan. It's really the worst day. No water, no clouds, no shelters. Only one thing you got, afternoon sun shine.
  • This is the time you learn about dehydration and roughly how a desert like, but it's only 10% of a real desert.
  • Prayed so hard for rain and clouds but none came.
  • TTS in the evening again. I as the lead of TTS request from Capt Zul to let us rest.
  • "Down, front support 20", "...Ya Tuan!" I got punished.
  • Finally the rain came, at 1800. Everyone is wet.
  • TTS at night again. For the first time I'm breaking tile. To be exact, 2 tiles, using elbow.
  • Back to the fotress at 0100.
  • Shiver from about 0130 till 0500. I never felt this cold in my life. Thought I'll get hyperthermia but luckily I didn't. Three and a half hours of non-stop shivering is fearsome. Just imagine that you don't even have the strength to stand properly. You won't understand unless you are in my shoes that day.

Day 28 - Passing Out Day

  • All units standby at 0600 but orders came only at 0755.
  • Today is Passing Out Day, a.k.a. Graduation Day.
  • We did re-capture point by platoon.
  • Performed TTS and I made kinda lots of mistakes. Luckily none of the trainers punish me for that.
  • My platoon, made up of 25 people lined up in a straight line. Trainers treat us peanuts and later on, he passed a cup of coffee, a toothbrush, together with Colgate to the first person. The first person will brush the teeth, use the coffee to rinse the mouth and pour back to the container again. This process will be repeated until the last person, using the same cup of coffee and I'm standing at 20 something. Just imagine you'll still be able to feel other people's peanuts when you are rinsing your mouth.
  • Reached base at 1256. Since then, not a drop of water drank until 1830.
  • 2030, lined up for BBQ party. It's a force party because we MUST party till 5 am. I've not been sleeping for the past 68 hours and it's only 0215 now.

Day 29 - We Sleep Everywhere

  • Went to a river to wash all the dirty cloths.
  • All of our pillows and matresses were taken back.
  • You might ask:"How to sleep wo? Sure very hard to sleep lor like that...." Wrong! we are soldiers. We sleep everywhere, in the sun, in the rain, in the mud. Everywhere that we think it's "comfortable" enough.

Day 30 - Pentadbiran

  • Last day in camp.
  • Doing all cleaning up. I would say, clean up the whole base!

Day 31 - Home Sweet Home

  • Went back to Regimen 515 AW to do some pentadbiran there.
  • We were released by 1600.
  • Back to home in Klang about 2100, home sweet home.

I learnt a lot in this one month camp. This camp mainly train our mentality, how to turn negative thoughts, such as turning giving up into motivation and keep on staying in line. Oh ya! I got 10 out of 53! Still top ten rite? Haha!

One thing I would like to mention again, girls in the camp, you all gained my full respect of being tougher than I am. Salute all of you!

Seen, if you see this, don't cry again k? Haha!

p/s: If you wanna know more about my camp, no problem. You know where to find me, just that, maybe we can talk about that in mamak, StarBucks or something similar. Lolz! Pictures will be up soon, hopefully.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU

FIRED

A

M16 !!!???

Waaaaaaaaaaaowww. o_O
Quick, post the pictures !


Very interesting experience.. not everyone gets to be a soldier. XD
Anyways a quick 5 questions.

1 )Why did u get to fire 87 rounds huh ? You love shooting that much ?


2) Why did the demos steal your weapon ? 3) Did you engage in any combat ?

4) How many chinese compared with malay ?? 5) How many girls ??

Anonymous said...

ok. you owe me one meal for that!

1)It's because they have excessive bullets and those have better discipline and interest only are allowed to shot more than that.

2)it is to teach us how to protect our weapons. In combat/war, having weapon is having ur own life. W/0 weapon, you are dead meat.

3)We did some practice for engagement. And remember that one that I actually go and hunt for demos? it's part of it. Because if i got caught, I'll be stripped and it really happened. One guy got caught by us and our trainer stripped him except for the underwear before sending him back to his platoon.

4)This time, Chinese majority.Ratio about 1 malay to 2 Chinese.

5)16 girls out of 53 person. And all these gals are real tough girls although their appearance might lie to you. They are all strong mentally and some, physically as well!

Anonymous said...

Okay thanks, let me know when you want your knuckle sandwich... :D

ThE L3nG said...

Kenny!!!!!!!!!

*SsssAAAAaaaaLllluuuuUUUTTTTttttttEEEEEEeeeeeeeee*

Really pei-fu u... Can tahan dat much!! Haha.. Pity on those girls too... =X

很好的经验... 很辛苦的训练...
但都过了啊!! 你开心就好!=)

一句话...
"Welcome Back Mr.Black!!" =P

Anonymous said...

bird:-

haha! thanks wo miss bird! actually it's fun. all you have to do is to play with your mental! ganbade!

Homegal said...

salute you!!
so geng.
and salute to all of the gals participate in tht.
so tough.
i nvr interested to join this kind of things.
is yucks for me. hehe... ^_^
anyway, jus hv to say:
Kenny, i pei fu you!!!
and Last thing hv to say:
pics pls.........faster update lah.

Anonymous said...

pidgey:-

haha! thanks!! about the pics, not i dowan to update but i haven get. earlies i can get is this wed... i'll try to post it on thursday or friday lor! k? haha!

amy-da-great said...

wah..you almost made me wish that i was there..

*almost
heh heh.
p/s : don't ffk next time ar!

Anonymous said...

lolz! don't almost. make yourself there! it's really fun! and i'm not lying! guaranteed! hhaha! yeap i'll DO MY BEST not to FFK! hahaha! i'll try to make myself free in maybe errr.... 29th nite.. hopefully can lar.

Related Posts with Thumbnails