Before you read, you might think that this is really really really a waste of your time reading damn long articles. But, if you take just about 5 ~ 10 minutes to read, you might have just changed something in your life.
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
生病的時候, 你的工作不會照顧妳. 你的朋友和父母會. 保持聯絡.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey
is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God
一眨眼的功夫什麼都會變. 但是別擔心: 上帝從來不眨眼.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
沒用, 不美, 或不喜悅的東西都丟掉.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is
up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't
save it for a special occasion! . Today is special.
點蠟燭, 用好的床單, 穿上炫麗的內衣. 不要特殊場合才用. 今天就是特別的一天.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ''In five years, will
把所謂的不幸用這一句話把它表框起來 "五年後, 這還重要嗎?"
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
時間會痊癒幾乎每一件事. 給時間. 時間.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did
or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
變老了打敗另一種選項 - 死得早.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd
grab ours back.
如果我們都把我們的問題都丟成一堆, 然後看看其他人的, 我們會把我們的撿回來.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
不管你感覺如何, 起來, 穿好和呈現
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
How would you decide?
You were driving a car
in a stormy night.
You passed by a bus stop.
There are 3 people in the urgent need to get on a public transport.
One, is an dying old man who needs to get to the hospital immediately.
Another one is a doctor, he once saved your life, and you really wants to help him out of the situation.
And there's another guy/lady, whom you really want to marry to, and you might miss this if you let go.
But now, your car can only seat another passenger, how would you decide?
This might not be a test to your personalities but, every answers had its reasons.
The old man is dying, you should save him first.
You too, wants to ferry that doctor because he once saved your life, and this is a great chance for you to repay him.
And there's this dream girl/guy of yours. You will never be able to meet someone who can touched your heart this deep anymore.
Among the 200 interviewee, only one were hired. He, DID NOT explained his reasoning. He only said this:
"I'll give my car key to the doctor, and let him fetch the dying old man to the hospital while I'll stay and wait in the storm together with my dream girl/guy."
Everyone thinks that this is the best answer, but no one had ever thought of it since the start.
A lesson learned:
Is it because that, we had never thought of giving up the advantages that we had in our hand (in this case, the car key)?
Sometimes, when we let go some of our stubborness and some benefits, we might be getting more in return.
Long ago, there were a monk and a butcher. They were good friends.
The monk had to wake up early everyday to do his prayers,
while the butcher had to wake up early everyday to slaughter.
In order not to have any delay in their responsibilities,
They had promised to wake each other up in the morning everyday.
Many years later, both of them passed away.
The butcher went to heaven, but the monk went to hell.
It's because the butcher wakes the monk everyday for prayers while, the monk wakes the butcher up for slaughter.
A lesson learned:
You might think that, all the things you had done all this while is correct,
but it is not necessarily correct at all times.
When you're doing something, try thinking from other perspective!
Long long time ago, human still walking barefoot.
There's a King who went to the rural area.
Due to the wavy and uneven road surface,
with many pebbles, he hurt his foot.
When he went back to his palace, he gave an order.
Which is to had every road covered with cow skin.
He thinks that, by doing this, he's not only doing it for himself,
But as well as his people, so that everyone won't hurt their foot as they walk.
No matter how many cows they slaughtered, they could never get enough of skin to cover the roads.
And of course, all the money spent, man power used, are uncountable.
Even though it cannot be done, and this is a rather bad idea,
but this is the order from the King, they can't do anything but to follow his order.
There is a smart servant who suggested to daringly to the King:
"My Lord!, why do you have to use so many man power, killing so many cows, and wasting so much money?
Why not you just wrap your foot with cow skin?"
The King was surprised to hear that, but of course, he learnt.
The King immediately revised his order and proceed as suggested as the servant said.
That's a story of the origin of shoes.
A lesson learnt:
If you want to change the world, it's difficult; if you want to change yourself, it'll be much easier.
Instead of changing the world, why not try to change yourself first ---- "wrapped your foot up!"
Change some of your mindset and how you do things,
When you realised you had changed, the world changes too!
If you want to see the world change, you must first, change yourself!!
Do not blame all the time,
do not feel disatisfied all the time,
do not feel frustrated all the time.
Don't always ask, "Why am I being blamed for everyhing?",
不要问上天 / 社会 /家庭 / 老板给于我们什么东西,
Don't ask what did the God/society/family/employers gave us,
ask yourself, what had you gave them instead?
Don't try to ask the environment to adapt to you, but it's us that need to adapt to the environment,
we need to learn how to change ourselves and together, we welcome all the beautiful things in the world!!
"If the heart changes, the attitude changed; if the attitude changes, the habit changed; the habit changes, life will be changed!"
I hope you guys like this one. Share it if you can!